The River Rowing Association will be hosting it's 8th Annual Pull With Purpose Rowathon on March 15th. As in recent years, the 2014 event will be a fundraiser to support the Nyack Center
- a local community center that supports low-income families with many before and after school programs, including free breakfasts, after school tutoring and summer camps. The Nyack Center is a critical resource for our community and we are thrilled to again support its important work.
Please consider creating or joining a team this year. No prior rowing experience is necessary!
The event is free, but all participants are urged to raise funds. The easiest way is to use online fundraising available via www.firstgiving.com
- simply go to the website and:
1. Sign in / create an account for yourself if you've not participated before.
2. Search for Nyack Center and register for the Pull With Purpose Rowathon 2014
3. Create a team or join an existing one.
4. Create your own fundraising page - you'll need to do this even if you've participated in prior years.
5. Use FirstGiving's website to invite people to donate to your page via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, etc. You can also simply email a link to your page to friends and family.
Our goal is to raise $20,000 this year! The Pull With Purpose Rowathon is a 2 hour team relay race on indoor rowing machines called ergometers, or ergs for short. Each team shares one erg among its members - rowing the erg in relay fashion to try to cover more electronic meters than other teams. Teams can have any number of participants, however to register as part of the competitive category, teams are limited to 5 or fewer rowers. If you're just doing it for fun, larger teams of rowers can keep this a very manageable event even for those not in the best shape of their lives.
All teams whose rowers raise at least $75 per person will receive t-shirts.
As in the past, the RRA coaching staff will be on hand before and during the rowathon to give pointers on proper technique.
The rowathon will be held at the Nyack Center (58 Depew - corner of Depew and Broadway in Nyack, NY) on Saturday, March 15th. Registration opens at 8:00am and the competition starts at 9:00am.
To find out more about the Nyack Center - please visit nyackcenter.org